Fun With Strings Fun With Strings

Sounds great! I could definitely see you making a full composition out of these chord progressions. Would you mind please sharing what VSTs these are? I'm a scavenger for good orchestra sounds, and these sound very nice!

Jacob responds:

This one in particular is Monster Staccato by Cinematic Strings.
I think it's free - or perhaps used to be - but the complete versions of CS are very expensive and *ahem* very hard to find a download for.

Tell me if you find a way. ;)

Happy orchestratings!

*Edit* Oh, also check out Edirol Orchestral. It's free, and has some nice sounds. The strings could be a little better, but it has a wide variety of low-CPU samples, that are all sufficient. Not professional by any means, but much better than your standard MIDI cliche.

Drift - Philip's Apocalyp Drift - Philip's Apocalyp

Amazing

I feel insufficient to be reviewing this because it is simply epic. It reminds me alot of The Road if you've ever read that. Truly outstanding!

MichaelJ responds:

I've never read it but I might look into it! Thanks for the review!
EDIT: I watched the movie, and wow, this is pretty similar! I really enjoyed the movie and it inspired me even more, so thanks!

Dead Woman Gives Birth Dead Woman Gives Birth

Great

Beginning was best part imo, would have like to heard it expanded upon more.

VTAEP responds:

Thanks man! I don't usually have a lot of parts that last long, I like to switch it up a lot!

Provoking the Mystic Provoking the Mystic

Incredible

I'm enormously impressed hahaha, sounds epic as hell man! Where do you get those sounds??

MykelTDT responds:

Hey thanks! This track was actually done entirely on an incredibly handy iPhone app called MusicStudio. I have lots of audio/music software and tools I work with (I'm more composer than actual player of music), but that's all I needed I guess. XD

Temptation - BeefourMusic Temptation - BeefourMusic

Really nice

Hey, I'm an amateur at this stuff but I can still tell that was super good. This is kind of odd, but what kind of sound is that at about :21 that kicks in? It kind of sounds like a dance hat to me or something but I can't tell. I've always wanted to use that kind of sound.

SUB4RU responds:

It is just a modified hand clap, always sounds good when added into the rest of the instruments in the background!

- BeefourMusic -

Welc0me Welc0me

Cool

I'm not sure why but I instantly recognized the note structure you used (like, the 4 notes at the beginning), is that from something? I thought it was pretty nifty, especially :40 and after when that other instrument kicks in.

PerpetualMango responds:

It could be, when i made it, it sounded familiar to me so i kept it :), thx for the input.

A twelve second loop A twelve second loop

I like it, but

the guitar sound kind of makes my ears hurt, especially at :08. Take that for what u will xD

HoboNoah responds:

Haha, I'll admit I may have distorted a bit too much.